SPEKON – a Location with a Tradition Stretching back to 1842

since 1994 ongoing investment in the Seifhennersdorf location and expansion of our product mix to include everything from textiles for military technology via parachute and storage system technologies to aviation technology.

1994 Senol Yegin acquires the company

1989 to 1994 continuing production following the collapse of communism

1968 Helmut Henschel develops a new gliding parachute
Start of scientific testing methods and wind-tunnel tests

1953 to 1989 Production of civil and military parachutes and clothing items with a work-force of approx. 700

1953 ‘Parachute development unit’ founded

1946 to 1953 Production of clothing items and textiles for home and work-place

1938 to 1945 S. Henking Textile Manufacture under the management of Siegfried Henking
Development and production of parachutes with a work-force of more than 2,000
Various production branches established in Berlin, Como and Paris
Production
of freight and emergency parachutes
Expropriation following World War II

1927 to 1932 Production of packing and packaging materials

1914 to 1927 Production in the Mill under the Management of Hugo Zietz

1862 bis 1911 Dyeing and Weaving on shuttle looms; Marx founds his own school, a bank and a health centre; special materials are supplied worldwide, e.g. to Melbourne, Australia
Following the death of H. R. Marx the Mill is auctioned off

1842 Heinrich Robert Marx establishes textiles production in Seifhennersdorf.